The Quality Inspector will inspect incoming components and use a variety of methods including standard tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, as well as more advanced methods such as Keyence vision systems and/or CMM / Laser equipment etc. Includes physical inspection and paperwork inspection to verify conformance to requirements. Maxon Precision Motors has recently opened a new factory in Taunton, MA. In this factory, small electric motors and precision gearboxes are being assembled, as well as customized systems providing variety in requirements and inspection methods.
Head of Quality & Engineering
- Inspection of incoming components, machined parts, sub-assemblies
- Read and review engineering documents to understand inspection criteria
- Accurate and repeatable measurement techniques, recording of inspection results
- Utilize standard inspection equipment, including micrometers, calipers, height gauges, dial indicators to inspect components to engineering specification
- Communicate new challenges encountered and suggest changes to improve the inspection process
- Create logical inspection plans from drawings and select appropriate tools in order to ensure accuracy and repeatability
- Communicate inspection results and inventory movement using computer-based ERP and inspection software
- As needed, inspect final goods prior to shipment against engineering and customer requirements, signing off that parts conform
Competencies & Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret GD&T
- Use of basic measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gauges, dial indicators
- Experience programming 2-D measurement systems
- Preparation of inspection and test reports, FAIRS
- A familiarity with vision systems is expected (Keyence preferred), as well as an in-depth ability to understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. As Maxon Precision Motors continues to grow, we expect the variety of inspection methods and complexity to increase
- Ability to understand and use electrical testing equipment such as oscilloscope, volt meters etc.
- 3-5 years in a Quality Control / Inspection environment
- ASQ Certified Inspector preferred
- Use of vision systems, profilometer, CMM
- Understanding of measurement methodologies and tools
- Programming experience preferred
- High school diploma required
- Technical Certification or Associates degree in related field preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak English
- Ability to read, write, speak German is a plus
- Experience with revision-controlled documents
- Microsoft Office functionality
- Familiarity with ISO preferred
This job operates in a clean, temperature-controlled manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. There is an expectation you will be comfortable working in a lab, assembly, or machine-shop area. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is up to 10% will be local, national, and international with overnight travel required.
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Sep 14, 2020