maxon has approximately 3,050 employees and is the worldwide leading provider of precision drives. These drives are in use everywhere from deep inside the earth to the surface of the planet Mars.
The Production Planner will be responsible for scheduling all shop orders for production at maxon precision motors and aligning customer demand with component and resource availabilities.
Create manage and track shop order as identified by customer requirements and capacity while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Initiate and collaborate with production and sales to identify priorities and resolve issues that may impact the schedule.
- Work withing ERP to ensure most efficient scheduling.
- Have a clear understanding of the status of all work in process.
- Participate in the flow of information between sales, production and purchasing so all contributors are up to date with the same information. Provide daily KPIs to stakeholder informed.
- Develop strategies and processes to automate and improve the planning process.
- Manage Material Requisitions Planning and have a strong understanding of MRP.
- Purchase supplier materials from subsidiaries and maintain ERP data
- Provide vendor feedback on pricing and delivery schedules to the rest of the organization as needed
- Trouble shoot and resolve inventory issues
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Collaboration with team members across multiple departments
- Capable of analyzing situations from a holistic perspective.
- Quick comprehension, strong networked way of thinking and creativity.
- Ability to adapt to capacity utilization fluctuations.
- Conduct complex ERP/MRP and Excel operations.
- Communicate clearly in written and verbal forms.
This job operates in a manufacturing assembly environment. There is an expectation you will be comfortable working in an assembly area. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee will need to visually inspect parts and components, in detail, for quality assessments. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This position will require very occasional travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer