maxon has approximately 3,050 employees and is the worldwide leading provider of precision drives. These drives are in use everywhere from deep inside the earth to the surface of the planet Mars.
The Buyer is responsible for managing stock requirements to efficiently and accurately satisfy customer orders of stock product and supplier material; as well as receiving, data set-up, vouchering, auditing and reporting tasks to aide in the general flow of stock and invoicing.
- Process Intersite order confirmations and re-schedule orders as needed
- Manage Material Requisitions Planning (MRP)
- MRP Messages for late orders, supply is past due, excess inventory
- Relay all order confirmation deviances to Inside Sales
- Report excess inventory to Inside Sales
- Process Shop Orders
- Purchase supplier materials from outside vendors
- Prepare quote package with approved drawing for vendor
- Quote Sales price, delivery and length of validity of supplier materials
- Monitor Supplier Materials from time of purchase through manufacturing to identify and resolve non-conformities, discrepancies or delays in receiving and other process issues
- Post vendor correspondence in contact management software (CRM)
- Allocate Supplier Materials as needed
- Manage stock of customer vendor purchased stock (e.g. Varian full & half leaf couplers)
- Validate on-hand quantities of supplier materials and resolve discrepancies
- Work with Quality to resolve vendor non-conforming materials via Corrective Actions
- Set up new part numbers for items being purchased from mmag and the Model Shop
- Create & enter basic data on 6-digit parts and determine classification (purchased/ inventory /sales) and management status
- Maintain and update Price Lists for all pricing
- Query for non-conforming part data and correct deviations
- Receive drop ships and forward invoicing information to Inside Sales for customer notification
- Voucher receipts, credit notes, repairs, non-recurring engineering charges, cancellations, drop ships, etc.
- Audit and resolve inventory issues
- Ensure backup of Sales Forecasts to O: Drive
- Prepare quarterly report for Top 40 Accounts
- Data Entry & Invoicing backup
- Other administrative tasks, as needed
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft products
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Communication Proficiency – written and verbal
- Initiative/Results Driven
- Organizational Skills and Time Management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- 3-5 years work experience in purchasing, business administration or related field
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and capable of making good business decisions
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to operate Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word and other company software
- AS/BS/BA Degree or previous experience in related field preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
There is an expectation you will be comfortable working in a lab, assembly, or machine-shop area.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is up to 10% will be local, national, and international with overnight travel required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Feb 7, 2023