- Ensure that production targets are met, balancing quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of production.
- Document production steps on product-associated paperwork and computerized systems.
- Set up the production line and machines or equipment and assist in the assembly of customer orders as needed.
- Ensure ESD-safe work procedures are adhered to.
- Supervise production line operators’ daily activities.
- Develop, deliver and support delivery of business improvement change initiatives. Develop and contribute towards improvement standards in line with best practice.
- Implement and support cultural change across the organization and drive business improvement.
- Maintain staff by orienting and training employees; develop and maintain an employee training schedule that emphasizes productivity and resource conservation and ensure all employees are trained adequately.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job through application of behavioral-based training to ensure adherence to all federal, local and company-wide safety regulations.
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and provide leadership, training, and technical support, as needed, to manufacturing staff. Communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; coach and counsel employees; initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
- Review and manage part stock availability as orders received, with consideration of delivery expectation, lead times and bulk cost options.
- Evaluate and manage manufacturing work flow and review order processing for efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain stock of Kanban items that are used in assembly projects and support the warehouse and purchasing departments to ensure stock levels are maintained appropriately.
- Ensure shop equipment, tools and equipment are in good working order through management of preventive maintenance, repair and calibration.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees, management and executives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering the launch of new/revised products and equipment, including training team members and evaluating results.
- Conduct regular Shop Floor Meetings with the department employees where adherence to quality, schedule, continuous improvement and overall business performance is discussed and attend Management Shop Floor Meetings.
- Support the company’s LEAN efforts by:
- Leading, defining and developing continuous improvement activities designed to improve performance, such as the planning and running of lean events.
- Implementing LEAN best practices in all manufacturing operations.
- Seeking opportunities for improvement and taking corrective action on his/her own initiative.
- Actively participating in the continuous improvement process, owning their idea through the PDCA cycle, including asking co-workers for their input.
- Immediately resolving a quality issue or seeking technical expertise to resolve the issue, if necessary.
- Performing 5S and housekeeping duties as required
- Process Improvement
- Production Planning
- Lean Manufacturing
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Initiative / Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Writing Skills
- Time Management
- Delicate Component Assembly Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Training New Employees
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field. In lieu of degree, 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership capacity.
- 4+ years’ manufacturing plant experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office functionality.
- ERP literacy, IFS preferred.
This job operates in a manufacturing assembly environment. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
Travel is up to 5% and includes local, national, and international with overnight travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Sep 22, 2021