The Manufacturing X-drive Operator is responsible for manufacturing activities to ensure efficient and accurate completion of customer orders. The operator will work in the X-drive area, supervised by the Manufacturing Supervisor. The work will involve assembly steps on components and subassemblies for electric motors. In this position, the operator will operate a select number of equipment, presses, pad printers, laser markers, and product-specific assembly equipment. The operator will be fully trained on these pieces of equipment to ensure competence in the manufacturing steps at the absolute highest quality level.
- Perform part-specific assembly operations
- Close tolerance
- Using complex equipment
- To rigorous quality standards
- Inspect and document all orders using measuring devices and test equipment
- Packing of orders per factory standards and/or customer order requirements
- Data entry (via ERP system) of order completion to designate stock as finished for shipment
- Detail Oriented
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Quality mindset
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Work experience in mechanical and electrical assemblies, including wiring, soldering, and using fixtures and hand tools during assembly
- Work experience reading drawings, schematics and diagrams with the ability to interpret dimensions and tolerances
- Work experience using measurement tools, such as calipers micrometers, gages and similar equipment
This job operates in a manufacturing assembly environment. There is an expectation you will be comfortable working in an assembly area. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee will need to visually inspect parts and components, in detail, for quality assessments. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This position will require no travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Mar 18, 2021