- Manage the operations for the Warehouse and staff, including day-to day distribution, import and export management.
- Communicate with other departments to monitor and help improve quality of service.
- Negotiate contracts with relation to all logistics operations.
- Conduct communications with various freight forwarder to ensure timely flow of materials.
- Ensure proper import bonding is in force in cooperation with Finance Department.
- Monitor all shipping accounts and contracts and conduct regular performance analysis.
- Oversee and approve all Warehouse supply procurement.
- Review and analyze budget, approve invoices and expenses related to the warehouse and ensure products and services provided are on time and adequate.
- Review and enforce all regulatory, health, ESD and safety requirements.
- Continually identify and implement new process improvements to optimize the supply chain, reduce costs, reduce risks and improve efficiency. Be a change agent for LEAN.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, and training and safety records.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan and organize the transportation and logistics operations for both imports and exports.
- Manage the import and export process, including documentation and compliance with customs regulations and documentation requirements.
- Determine appropriate incoterms for irregular incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Plan and implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Organize and safeguard on-site and remote inventory.
- Manage full and cycle stock counts and determine and resolve discrepancies to avoid repetitive errors in stock handling, recording and disposition.
- Identify and adequately segregate or dispose of obsolete stock in accordance with policy.
- Review concerns of stock levels, Kanban or condition with Production, Sales, Purchasing, Planning or Quality.
- Oversee maintenance, repair or additions to equipment (e.g. forklift) and structures in warehouse.
- Organize, train and discipline personnel to provide efficient and reliable departmental operations to assist in the achievement of maxon’s goals.
- Promote individual development by cross-training duties, providing on-the-job or formal trainings, etc.
- Approve over time for non-exempt reports.
- Evaluate and assess employee performance and report.
- Approve vacation requests and properly address coverage requirements.
- Analytical capacity, critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Performance management
- Ethical practice
- Negotiation skills
- Communication proficiency
- Relationship management
- Organizational skills
- Initiative/Results driven
- Time management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of logistics and transportation management, as well as knowledge of import/export regulations and compliance requirements. You should also possess excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively. A degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field, as well as relevant experience in transportation and logistics management, are typically required for this role.
- Minimum 10+ years’ work experience with 3-5 years supervisory/management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to motivate others, delegate work, explain ideas, and plan
- Experience in controlling stock, managing inventory and following inventory control procedures
- Expertise with imports/exports of various goods
- Ability to operate Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, ERP and other company software
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing or warehouse areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is up to 5% and may include overnight local, national and international travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Jan 2, 2024