maxon has approximately 2,500 employees and is the worldwide leading provider of precision drives. These drives are in use everywhere from deep inside the earth to the surface of the planet Mars.
The Inside Sales Engineer is responsible for selling products and account maintenance within an assigned territory of the Small Quantities Department using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying maxon products to meet their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position will contribute to new business development through direct sales leads (DSL) and customer contact in order to grow overall business with maxon engineered components and systems.
Inside Sales Engineer
- Seek out and develop new relationships and sales opportunities with potential customers for maxon’s complete line of products, including research via on-line resources, trade shows, trade magazines and other publications
- Efficient and thorough follow-up on sales leads via utilization of the Direct Sales Leads (DSL) provided by the Marketing department
- Collaborate with Inside Sales Coordinators and Sales Engineers to develop and nurture promising opportunities
- Provide order quotes and pricing, technical sales assistance, sizing solutions and troubleshooting
- Provide high level engineering expertise and assistance to existing and potential maxon customers
- Work with Quality Manager, Customer Service Team and related factories to resolve customer issues
- Maintain existing accounts via direct customer contact with appropriate engineers and purchasing
- Develop and maintain effective communications in a cooperative and professional manner with and between customers and maxon entities, and all levels of staff
- Attend regular trainings to develop and enhance comprehension of and learn strategies to solicit opportunities to sell maxon products
- Utilize CRM / IFS system to store information and maintain company records
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Initiative/Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- BS Engineering or Science/Math/Technology Equivalent
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate in the words of the end-user
- Microsoft Office functionality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is up to 15% and will include local, national, and international with overnight travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Nov 22, 2018