The Inside Sales Engineer is responsible for the daily management of smaller customers as well as direct sales leads (DSL) via direct customer contact and prospecting for new opportunities in order to grow overall business with maxon engineered components and systems.
- Maintain existing accounts via direct customer contact with appropriate engineers and purchasing
- Answer specialized technical questions concerning the Company’s products and customer needs, including e-shop inquiries
- Provide high level engineering expertise and assistance to existing and potential maxon customers
- Seek out and develop new sales opportunities (companies and contacts) for maxon’s complete line of products, including research via on-line resources, trade shows, trade magazines and other publications
- Efficient and thorough follow-up on sales leads via utilization of the Direct Sales Leads (DSL) provided by the Marketing department
- Attend regular trainings to develop and enhance comprehension of and learn strategies to solicit opportunities to sell maxon products
- Seek out and develop relationships with potential customers utilizing competitive products
- Work with Quality Manager, Customer Service Team and related factories to resolve customer issues
- Collaborate with Inside Sales Coordinators and Sales Engineers to develop and nurture promising opportunities
- Engage in effective communication with and between customers and maxon entities
- Utilize CRM / IFS system to store information and maintain company records.
- Complete semi-annual reporting requirements after 6 months of employment
- Assist other departments as needed
- Prepare, name and store quotes based on current price policies
- Maintain quotes, intercompany requests, contacts and log in Contact Software (CRM)
- Prepare sales orders & purchase orders; review customer PO for accuracy and store in CRM
- Assist in the establishment of customer credit terms and collection efforts, as needed
- Provide back-up for other Inside Sales Coordinators and Sales Engineers, as needed
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Initiative/Results Oriented
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- BS Engineering or Science / Math / Technology Equivalent required
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate in the words of the end-user
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office functionality required
- Free to travel without restriction, including internationally
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is up to 15% will be local, national, and international with overnight travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Jun 19, 2022