maxon has approximately 3,050 employees and is the worldwide leading provider of precision drives. These drives are in use everywhere from deep inside the earth to the surface of the planet Mars.
Inside Sales Coordinator
The Inside Sales Coordinator, Parvalux, offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team to promote and sell the Parvalux products in the US market. The ISC will be responsible for managing the sales relationship with customers in conjunction with the sales engineer, to effectively and promptly fulfill orders and returns, manage stock flow, and communicate effectively to develop and grow sales in their territory, by adhering to current company and department goals and objectives.
The Inside Sales Coordinator will be the main interface and support for our Independent Sales Representatives, with a focus on customer service, relationship development, operational efficiency, and process improvements, as well as regularly interface with other maxon departments, such as operations, production, finance, and quality.
MANAGE CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS
- Prepare, name and store quotes based on current price policies
- Maintain quotes, intercompany requests, contacts and log in Contact Software (CRM)
- Make decisions regarding pricing to be offered to customers based on assessment of customer history, size of order and creditworthiness
- Enter customer orders and purchase orders in the ERP System; review customer PO for accuracy and store hard copy of the customer order on the customer order. Ensure customer order and purchase order have all required fields/tabs filled out for accuracy before the order is released and sent to the supplier
- Assist in the establishment of customer credit terms and collection efforts, as needed
- Ongoing customer relationship building, including site visits (approx. 1-2 weeks per year)
- Promote sales to customers (i.e. suggest electronics when purchasing brushless motors)
- Provide back-up for other Inside Sales Coordinators and Sales Engineers, as needed
- Knowledge of all key accounts in territory
- Responsible for processing order confirmations for individual territory and providing back-up for other territories when needed
- Run various ERP queries (planned status, past ship dates, I-addressed, Delivery terms,etc) 1-2 times per week
- Supports the business development at new and existing customer accounts
- Support pricing and terms negotiations and take the lead on dispute resolution
- Recommend continuous improvements to provide a lean and efficient customer experience.
- Determine timing and schedule of deliveries, including making judgments as to whether orders will be fulfilled through inventory or via a factory order by making sure the SUPPLY CODE is correct on each customer order line
- Follow corporate policy on blanket orders, # of shipments per order, completion date of order
- Track order status and communicate to customers, expedite shipping when justified
- Track inventory for ‘kanban’ customers by reviewing INVENTORY of part numbers on a blanket order at least weekly to insure standard turnover and no stockpiling
- Review Master Schedule orders weekly and update per customer forecast at least once per week
PART NUMBER SET UP
- Complete part number (p/n) request forms, and together with assembly drawings, sales checklists and other documents, provide package to Basic Data for entry into IFS10
- Develop understanding of p/n system and efficiently use with orders (e.g. raw or manufactured, special production, MPM production, etc.)
- Communicate with the factory regarding pricing, delivery, orders and special requests
RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATIONS (RMA’S)
- Qualify return request and issue CASE ID RMA as warranted; dispatch information to Quality via Case Management and Returned Goods in IFS10
- Communicate customer results of evaluations, if applicable
- Oversee timely closure of RMA’s for the territory in conjunction with CS
- Identify customer’s with chronic return issues and work with Quality for resolution
- Continually review and update sales forecasts/sales planning via Sales Planning; provide update to manager, at a minimum on a monthly basis. Review includes, but not limited to, analysis of Opened Revenue vs Planned Revenue
- Proactively assist customers for reorder to meet their internal production needs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in customer service/inside sales or related field
- Technical education or experience in electro-mechanical marketplace a plus
- Effective communication, both verbally and written, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with all intercompany personnel and departments
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills with ability to make decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word and ability to learn other company software
- AS/BS/BA Degree or previous experience in related field preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
There is an expectation you will be comfortable working in a lab, assembly, or machine-shop area.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is up to 10% will be local, national, and international with overnight travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Apr 11, 2023