- Develop a strategic business plan with focus on new medical business, increased sales, improved profitability and greater market presence within the United States (U.S.). Evaluate competition, evaluate and define new strategic markets, define products and specifications for market niches, product positioning and pricing. Implement an aggressive action plan to achieve stated objectives and transfer the company product strategy to the market
- Contract review and preparation
- Preparation of proposals, and direct quotes for the sales organization. Identify and support MMAG Sales teams with requirements and preparation of proposals. Support R &D with market knowledge
- Oversight and responsibility of all major U.S. medical accounts, assist Sales team with management of smaller accounts for future business development
- Management and oversight of major medical projects and their execution
- Develop close working relationship with global Medical Business Unit at group headquarters
- Develop, implement and manage an effective communication program and reporting network based on regularly scheduled visits and communications with key customers, sales engineers, business partners (e.g. distributors and private labels), exhibitions and the factory
- Maintain and promote education of Sales team and Sales Engineers on all existing and new product lines via in-office trainings, factory trainings and e-based learning tools and presentations
- Generate feasibility studies, identify key success factors, build up market and product know how for the key markets, and monitor sales forecasts to identify trends and market opportunities
- Guide the product marketing strategy, events, and material. Input for platform solutions and services to promote goals
- Budget responsibility and business plan turnover
- Customer/Client Focus
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management
- Time Management
- Initiative/Results Driven
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
Required education and experiences:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics Engineering or Business preferred
- Four to Six years’ related experience in motion control industry with experience in the medical markets
- Strong analytic skills and quick understanding of interrelationship of systems, components, and requirements
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to simplify complex matters and communicate in the words of the end-user of a machine or device
- Microsoft Office functionality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is 50% minimum with local, national, and international overnight travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Apr 5, 2019