The Sales Engineer is responsible for the daily management of a sales territory via direct customer contact and prospecting for new opportunities in order to grow the territory with maxon engineered components and systems
- Maintain existing accounts via direct customer contact with appropriate engineers, purchasing and management staff
- Answer specialized technical questions concerning the Company’s products and customer needs, including e-shop inquiries
- Provide high level engineering expertise and assistance to existing and potential maxon customers
- Seek out and develop new sales opportunities (companies and contacts) for maxon’s complete line of products, including research via on-line resources, trade shows, trade magazines and other publications
- Efficient and thorough follow-up on sales leads via utilization of the Direct Sales Leads (DSL) provided by the Marketing department
- Attend regular trainings to develop and enhance comprehension of and learn strategies to solicit opportunities to sell maxon products
- Seek out and develop relationships with potential customers utilizing competitive products
- Work with Quality Manager and related factories to resolve customer issues
- Collaborate with Inside Sales Coordinator to develop and update the sales forecast
- Engage in effective communication with and between customers and maxon entities
- Complete Semi-annual Reporting summarizing accomplishments
- Minimum of 80 days travel per year including overnight travel as necessary, with minimum of 60 days of customer visits, as well as additional time for off-site trainings, sales meetings, factory visits, trade shows, etc.
- Work closely with all departments to manage customer projects
- Work closely with business development to draft account plans for target companies
- Assist marketing by representing company in webinars, virtual trade shows, etc
- Coordinate contract review and contract negotiations on behalf of the company
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Initiative/Results Driven
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- BS Engineering or Science / Math / Technology Equivalent required
- Excellent analytical skills and strong understanding of interrelationships of systems, components and requirements
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate in the words of the end-user of a machine or device
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office functionality required
- Free to travel at all times without restriction, including internationally
- Completed all required technical courses
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to factory areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel up to 40% and will be local, national, and international with overnight travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Dec 21, 2022