The IT Team Leader will be providing day to day IT support to Employees on-site and occasionally remotely. The IT Team Leader will play an active role in a small IT team, across a diverse range of technologies, handling collaboration and communication with Group IT at the parent company in a global industry group located in Switzerland.
The IT Team Leader will act as a service partner and coordinate local requirements in various projects involving suppliers and Group IT. The IT Team Leader daily tasks will include supporting and maintaining local IT infrastructure and users, investigating faults, applying upgrades and assuring that service requests and incidents are resolved effectively and professionally with minimal risk and minimal service disruption. The IT Team Leader will manage local infrastructure such as clients, network, on-premises datacenter, and cloud services in partnership with Group IT.
The IT Team Leader will be an active participant in the digitalization processes in both the production and sales areas.
The IT Team Leader will functionally report to the Head of Group ICT Operations in Switzerland but staff-wise report to the CFO at Maxon USA.
- Managing service and support processes through the IT Service Management System
- Preparation, Support and Installation of client computers and software
- Proactive maintenance of client- and server hardware and software
- Server and Network operations in alignment with Group IT
- Asset Management for IT Hardware and Software
- Incident and Service Request Management
- IT training coordinator for end users on site
- Participation in international IT projects
- Local contact for IT requirements and implementation in cooperation with Group IT
- Organize, train and discipline personnel to provide efficient and reliable departmental operations to assist in the achievement of maxon’s goals.
- IT Security in the US (WISP)
- Manage budgeting, forecasting, tracking of IT assets
- Recruit, hire, train and develop outside vendors to achieve company IT objectives
- Strong technical know-how for Hard- and Software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft365, Azure, Intune etc.
- Basic networking fundamentals
- Quick learner with a logical mindset
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills in an IT environment
- Initiative and results driven
- Time management
- Ethical practice
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of IT management, as well as knowledge of various hardware and software configurations. You should also possess excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively. A degree in IT management and/or Microsoft certification are preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years’ IT experience
- Experience with performance management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to motivate others, delegate work, explain ideas, and plan
- Ability to operate Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and other company software
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing or warehouse areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some lifting is required. This would require the ability to lift electronic equipment and bend or stand as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in typical office or administrative work.
Travel is up to 5% and may include overnight local, national and international travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
maxon is an equal opportunity employer