Research and development at maxon.
At maxon, research and development (R&D) is the basis for future viability.
The R&D activities of maxon are directed toward the requirements of the market and the customer. When the combination of standard products does not suffice, we develop custom designs. These can either be product modifications or new developments. Cooperation with institutes of higher education and universities around the world ensures that our drive systems meet the demands of new technology.
maxon has R&D departments both at the headquarters in Sachseln (Switzerland) and at the subsidiary in Sexau (Germany). In addition to continuous product development, these departments are responsible for ongoing improvement of manufacturing processes and production and testing systems. Over 8% of the revenue flows into R&D, where more than 200 employees work.
Our core areas of expertise include:
- Five winding technologies for precision DC motors
- Standard and special gearhead engineering
- Encoder technology
- Electronics and system technology
- Injection molding processes for plastics as well as ceramic and metal powder (CIM/MIM)
- Installation and automation technology
- Development and project management
- Quality management